Exercise is a funny thing. We all know it’s good for us, but most of the time we dread the thought of going to the gym or heading out on a run. Why do we procrastinate or avoid doing something that is so beneficial to us? If you're feeling like this, odds are you aren’t doing exercise that you love. Spending two hours on the treadmill or elliptical and hating every minute of it? Busting your butt on machines and scrolling your phone our of boredom?
Believe it or not, you can actually find movement that brings you JOY and makes you feel absolutely amazing. Can you imagine waking up in the morning feeling excited to get moving? Exercising is meant to give you a boost of good energy and make you feel strong and happy.
- Explore different kinds of workouts. Try barre, pilates, HIIT, and strength training - which makes you feel the best? Which workout makes you feel excited and strong? If you’ve ever only done one kind of workout, how can you measure how you feel compared to other movement? You can try out our on-demand classes - get your first class free with code flowithus at checkout
- Make it part of a routine. Make movement a part of your morning routine. Wake up early, brew some coffee, roll out your yoga matt and get your space set up. Maybe open a window or light a candle; spruce up your workout space to make it a place you want to spend time in.
- Schedule out your week. Plan a variety of workouts to try throughout the week to avoid burning out or feeling bored. At Flostate we always recommend a variety of exercise to build a balanced workout routine. We schedule barre on Mondays, yoga sculpt on Tuesdays, dumbbells on Wednesdays, and so on. View our live schedule here.
- Workout with friends! Workout buddies provide more than just accountability. Moving with a friend makes it more fun for the both of you. Try a new workout class together and chat about what you thought! Challenge eachother to complete more reps or hold a pose longer. If you don’t have friends nearby, sign up for virtual classes together to make it seem as though you are together.
- Focus on how you feel. Listening to your body may be one of the biggest components of finding movement you love. Truly pay attention to how you feel after a workout - exhausted, strong, powerful, too shaky or in pain? Seek out movement that makes you feel your absolute best. In your journal, planner or calendar, jot down how you feel post-workout.
Co-founder Maddie prioritizes workouts that make her feel strong, toned and energized. She prefers barre, pilates, yoga sculpt and going on long walks, but loves to add higher intensity days when she’s looking for a challenge.
Working out doesn’t have to be miserable. We believe that movement is medicine, and that exercising does not need to feel like a punishment. We have been given beautiful bodies that are meant to move and carry us through this vibrant life - and every body has the ability to enhance their wellbeing through movement that makes them feel amazing.
Reminder: get your first class free with code flowithus at checkout. Or, start with a FREE two week trial.